Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Beginning

My dad has been on me for weeks to finally get my blog started, and finally I have given up and admitted --for once-- that he's right.

I have always looked at the blogging thing as a way to use cyberspace and the Internet as a means to talk to yourself, but I am starting to realize that it can be much more than that.

I can use this as a way to sharpen my skills as a journalist and a median to vent a little bit when it seems like everyone else in the world has gone mad.

I will be using this blog to write mostly about sports on the national scale, as well as giving my take on my UNO Privateers who I currently cover for The Driftwood, which is UNO's school newspaper.

I am very passionate about sports and I love to talk about them, give my opinion on them, and prove to others as much as possible that I know more than they do when it comes to us ESPNers (another purpose for creating this blog).

I hope the 3 people who may end up reading this blog will join along in my rants about anything I feel like talking about on a particular day, as well as assist me by letting me know what to improve in my writing so one day I can start writing for a major newspaper or website.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment